North Bingham County Distric Library Library Hours:
10 to 6
197 W. Locust
Shelley, ID 83274
Director: Heidi Riddoch
The first Shelley City Library was opened to the public in December of 1933 in the balcony of the local drug store. Over the next 60 years the library moved a total of seven times from an old basement, to a cabin, and even a bank. Support for the library relied heavily on both community and private donations of time and money.
The library became a tax-supported district library in 1992. Five years later it was moved into its current location, the old Jolley Building Supply store.